There has always been lots of arguments surrounding this question. Its really a controversial topic because i have heard lots of different reasons why some people choose one over the other.
If you compare network marketing vs a Job, most people will immediately choose to have a job. The way we were taught and raised makes this a common sense choice.
Most of us were raised to believe that good people learn hard and get good grades. Then they get jobs, work hard and advance in their careers. Unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way any more.By the time they retire, most are unable to sustain their standard of living because their pensions simply do not provide well enough.
This doesn’t even take into account all the years of your life wasted due to unnecessary stress, and the state of your health as a result of that upon retiring. Is it really worth it? Is it worth working like a slave your whole adult life, not being able to enjoy the things in life that you want and still end up broke or poor when you retire? This makes no sense, Why would anyone play a game with such high stakes if they knew they were bound to lose?
The only logical solution is to be in business, and preferably a business that grows to a substantial annual turnover. The sooner a lot of people realize this, the better for them.
The reality: Network marketing vs a job
Firstly, lets be clear on this., Network Marketing is not for everyone. If it was, everyone would be doing it. It takes work and dedication to make it work, but the beauty if it us that you can start part time.
Once your income from it is big enough, you can quit your daytime job and never work for a boss again. This was the case for me. I was in paid employment for over 7 years and combined my network marketing business with it for 15 months doing it part time, before i quit my job. It wasn’t a work in the park but it was definitely worth it.
Network marketing is the most sensible way of creating a solid future for yourself without having to borrow lots of money to start a business. In my own case, i started my network marketing business with N25,000 only. It is an option that is open and is available to anyone who wants it.
Now, lets compare doing network marketing vs a job:
In a job….
- You have set hours that you need to adhere to. No matter how bad the weather is or how terrible traffic is, you have to go to work.
- You can not make so much, no matter how hard you work. You are broke 90% of the time.
- You need permission for everything you want to do – literally. I had to miss out on so many activities and functions of my children because i already took enough permissions already.
- Your ideas and innovations are not appreciated especially when you work with an ignorant boss.
- Other people often get credits for things you did.
- The company chooses when you may take leave. If its not convenient for the company, you simply won’t go on leave.
- If you had enough and leave, you risk not finding another job. Your new employer will always request a recommendation from your previous boss.
- When you retire, you will probably not be able to sustain your standard of living indefinitely.
- If you stop working for whatever reason even when it’s a situation beyond your control, the money stops coming in.
- Salary increases are limited to your ability to secure a promotion. I earned same salary for 4 years until i resigned from my job.
But in network marketing….
- You choose your working hours. You choose how many hours you want to work per day. You even work on the GO.
- There is no limit to your income. Absolutely refreshing! My income in my network marketing business doubled every quarter.
- You work for yourself, so you can choose what to do and what not – and when. I have not missed any single activities and functions of my kids because i do not need permissions from anyone.
- You are free to implement and test your ideas, and when they work, it makes you more money. My personal development and leadership skills has gone top notch as i learn something new everyday that is very useful to me and my team.
- Getting credit or even loans becomes irrelevant because you see your rewards in your commission check in your back office.
- You can take a day off, or go on vacation whenever you choose to fit it into your schedule. The online space has made it even more interesting because even while you are away, your business is still making you money.
- If you are no longer happy with your company, you can quit and take your clients with you to the next opportunity. This is why branding yourself in your company is recommended.
- If you built a solid team, you will retire in style, and probably retire early.
- If you choose to stop working for any period of time, the commission checks still come in. All you need to do is your monthly auto ship.
- Salary increases are only limited by your own willingness to work, your willingness to learn new skills, and your ability to innovate – things that are not always appreciated when you work for a boss.
At the end of the day, its a matter of common sense. Do you want to have a hard life, and an even harder retirement? Or do you want a good life, and an even greater retirement?
Did you also know that network marketing businesses are trans-generational? It means different generations will keep inheriting it. Don’t let your children ask you questions in the future.
A network marketing business is as good as building an OIL WELL for your generations.
Do your comparison and decide for yourself. The good news is that you can actually combine both and see for yourself. Don’t take my word for it.