A lot of us in time past and even recently have found ourselves involved in one network marketing business or the other. The truth of the matter is that people are often misled because they have a different mindset to network marketing. People go about making it look like it is a “get rich quick scheme”, that is totally wrong. However, it is a “get rich scheme”.
I started my journey into network marketing in 2007, guess what, I started out well and then I failed woefully. Then I folded my arms and sat back cursing anyone who throws any network marketing gimmicks at me. In 2011, I gave it another shot. This time, products were involved, I went for presentations, held home presentations and I started out well again and then I failed woefully a second time.
In 2013, I opted out for an online survey program, raked in some cash, referred people and out of the blues, this company folded up and with it a lot of peoples hard earned money. I ventured into other internet business opportunities too, HYIP, Money cycling etc. Eventually, I gave up. Turned a deaf ear and a blind eye to any network marketing opportunity that came my way.
However, what beats my imagination is that I was seeing people making it in this same network marketing that I have failed woefully twice. Then it dawned on me that it’s probably because I didn’t do something’s right. So I went back to the drawing board and what I found shocked me. I have been SCAMMED all these while.
• Network marketing is not a “get rich quick scheme”. It’s a long term business which you can do part time or full time. You can become rich in a shorter while if you are determined.
• It doesn’t matter which company you are involved in. What matters is that you understand the concept of network marketing which is applicable to all companies.
• There is hard work that needs to be done but at the end of the day it’s totally worth it. You reap after you sow.
• You need to acquire certain skills to be able to succeed in network marketing. These skills are learnable.
• Network marketing is a business of “PEOPLE”. If you can’t persuade people to look into the opportunity you have to offer then your future in the network marketing industry is very bleak.
• The easiest way to succeed in network marketing is by detaching yourself emotionally from the outcome of your prospecting, focus more on educating people on your products and business opportunities.
• You are in the business for yourself and not for any one else. Don’t let people discourage you while on the journey.
• Network marketing is the key to financial freedom. I worked full time for over 7 years and have my own personal businesses so I can say this authoritatively. Your earning is unlimited.
• Don’t fall for all the show of earnings, Rome was not built in a day. You have to Work the Work to get the pay. If you treat your network marketing business like a business, it will pay you like a business.
• Passion, consistency, focus and determination is Key.
• Look for a company that is just right for you. There are lots of network marketing companies out there but choose the one that you have passion for the products.
• Stop jumping from one company to the other because it’s the same concept. The only difference is your determination to succeed.
• A lot of companies are parading themselves as network marketing companies while in actual fact they are not. Network marketing is also known as Direct sales and this simply translates to the fact that sales of products are involved.
These and many more are what I found out and then I went ahead to give network marketing another trial. I am grateful that today, i am no longer ignorant and I am determined to succeed in this journey.
So what is the purpose of this write up?
You need to ask yourself if the company you are with or planning to be with is actually a genuine network marketing company? Network marketers are middle men between the company and the consumers of the company’s products. If there are no physical exchange of products or services in that company, you are simply not involved in network marketing.
If you join any network marketing company with the wrong mindset, you are already charting the course of failure. Remember, do your due diligence and choose the company that is right for you. Never join a company or even start any online business because the person telling you about it is someone you look up to. I have been in that shoe before and was burnt badly.
Join a company with products that you really love and will use personally even if there was no compensation plan. Be ready for the hard work ahead. You must be ready to dedicate time to reading books, listening to audios and watching videos that will help you in this journey. You must be ready to share your knowledge with others.
Network marketing is not for the weak minded. It is for those who know what they want and will do whatever it takes to have it.